DEVADARU (Cedrus Deodara) – Traditional Ayurvedic use:
GANA: Stanyashodhana, Anuvasanopaga, Katukashkandha, and Vatasamshaman
Kula: Devdaru Kula
Latin Name: Cedrus = Latin
Wood: aromatic like Cedrus.
Sanksrit Names: Deodaru : Himalaya is God’s country where this tree is grown.
Traditional Use / Reference in Ayurveda:
Reduces the Kapha by tika, katu and ushna properties and vata reduction by snigdha and ushna properties.
Best in managing KAPHA and VATA
External uses: Inflammation is relived by its local application, Useful in skin disorders, helminth infestations and ulcers. (Vrana Treatment)
Nervous system: it works as Analgesic, used in chronic arthritis, osteoarthritis, sciatica neuralgia and painful conditions like headaches and migraine.
Digestive system: Due to the Pungent and bitter taste it works as appetizer, digestant, laxative and effective in destroying the worms in stomach and helps in AMA clearance and liver detoxification. Helps in managing healthy lipid control and reduce bad cholesterol.
Circulatory system: As it is Ushna (Hot in Property) along with pungent and bitter taste it works as a cardio stimulant and blood purifier, helps in reducing swelling (edema). The oil from this plant is used in mumps, filariasis, and chancre.
Respiratory System: It works as an expectorant in upper respiratory tract infection which is Kapha and vata predominant.
Urinary System: It works as diuretic and aids in dysuria and gonorrhea.
Reproductive System: used traditionally for puerperal disorders as a uterine tonic and purifies breast milk.
Skin: Due to the diaphoretic properties it helps in many skin conditions;
EFFECTIVENESS AT STROS LEVEL (Channels)
DOSHA: KAPHA and VATA balance
DHATU: Raktha, Medo, and Rasa
MALA: Mutra and Purish
Organ: Liver and Lungs
REFERENCE: Charaka Chikitsta Sthana
Devadaru also was known as Cedrus deodara or Himalayan Cedar is a very useful Ayurveda herb to nourish the liver and to maintain the cholesterol levels in healthy limits.
It manages the effective function of the urinary system and helps in removing AMA (unwanted waste material from Body), it helps in managing the effective digestive system and helps in managing peptic and gastric ulcers. It works as an expectorant and excellent in managing skin conditions externally and internally.
- For external use: Devadaru works for acute and chronic inflammation when applied locally. Its local application and oil are used in arthritis, swelling, and pain.
- Devadaru is useful in skin disorders helminthiasis and ulcers.
- Perfect wound cleanser and healer
- Removes bad smell by healing wounds or ulcers in mouth..
- Helps in removing flatulence and aids in removing toxins from Gut.
- Effective Painkiller due to its analgesic properties can be used for inflammation and recurrent headaches.
- Appetiser, laxative and kills worm infestations.
- As Devadaru is Ushna, bitter and pungent, it is a cardio-stimulant, blood purifier and alleviates swelling. Oil is useful in mumps, filarial and chancre.
- Best manages the Vata and Kapha
- Helps in removing AMA and keeps the Digestive system in better condition for absorption and elimination.
BEST RECOMMENDED USE ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA:
HERBAL POWDER IS RECOMMENDED FOR THE EFFECTIVE WORKING OF LIVER AND TO MAINTAIN HEALTHY CHOLESTEROL LEVEL
AMA care – Ayuna Health products contain Cedrus Deodara as one of the ingredients along with other herbs.